Monday, July 2, 2012

How I Do Sick


The dreaded summer cold has taken over my body.  It seems impossible, since I'm currently taking more vitamins and eating healthier than I ever have in my life, but it is true. A summer cold calls for a slight alteration to my normal "sick routine".  Were this my typical January cold, I'd have the space heater out or the fire lit if we actually remembered to have firewood.  I would be strategically tucked under my red Cozy Cuffs blanket (a fancy brand Snuggie) while wearing  thick socks with my flannel pjs;  however, it is June and the temp is in the 90s, so I had to substitute the flannel pjs for an extra large, super old t-shirt and cotton sleep shorts.  The fire/heater has been replaced with a non-stop ceiling fan.  My big red blanket is in storage where it belongs so I'm snuggled under a thin chenille throw.  I have my tea, but I'm letting it cool down to lukewarm before I drink it, and I'm getting most of my fluids from water with fresh mint.  Of course, my trusty box(es) of Kleenex are good for all seasons (and, yes, I did mean the name brand Kleenex, like Beyonce, it is irreplaceable).  The MacBook and the muted iPhone are close at all times so I can stay tuned into the outside world via Facebook and Twitter, play games, and read everything from the Bible to recipes to books to blogs!  Throw in a couple of old movies I've saved on the TIVO (I recommend recording your favorite classic films for just such an occasion), and I'm ready to spend most of the day sound asleep in a Nyquil induced coma surrounded by a bunch of stuff I will barely look at.  I promise to post something more meaningful later this week once I stop sneezing and the Nyquil wears off!

No comments:

Post a Comment