Monday, May 14, 2012

To Nap or Not to Nap...

...that is the question.  Whether it is smarter to push through the drowsiness of a Sunday afternoon and stay awake so that you can sleep soundly when it is bed time, OR better to indulge your sleepy feelings and curl up for two hours, only to find yourself awake after midnight.  That truly is the question.  The question I face every Sunday.  From week to week I choose differently, although I must admit the nap wins out more than not.  Frankly, I love a good nap.  I think I get an endorphin rush from allowing myself to sleep in the middle of the day.  I have no scientific proof, but it feels like science to me, and there is something special about naps on Sundays.  Maybe it is a throwback to childhood when we napped on Sunday afternoon before going back for the evening service on Sunday night.  Perhaps it is praise induced exhaustion resulting from energetic worship services on Sunday morning.   Then again, it could be the soothing sounds of golf tournaments on Sunday afternoons that might as well be soft rain or crickets as far as my brain is concerned.  All I know is, most Sundays, even without trying, I pass out for a minimum of 90 minutes, and I love it.  I love it right up until the point when I'm wide awake writing a blog post at 12:55 am.  Then I vow once again to not nap next Sunday... or at least not so long next Sunday...or on the couch and not the bed because that is less restful.  Who am I kidding.  I'll be sitting here again in a week trolling Facebook to see who else took too long of a nap after church.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment