Sunday, March 11, 2012

Springing Forward

I despise springing forward.  I really do.  I love sleep and when you love sleep, anything that takes away sleep is bad.  When it is time to fall back, I love it.  I get an extra hour of sleep and for about three days I feel like I've gotten an extra hour of life each day.  I don't change my clocks for days and enjoy knowing it is actually an hour earlier than it feels.  However, it all comes back to haunt me in the spring when Daylight Savings Time steals that hour back from me.  I have to change my clocks early on Saturday to begin to convince myself I haven't lost anything and its going to be okay.  I realize, I'm a bit crazy.  Don't worry, I do have a therapist. 

However, this year I have not really focused as much on the hour lost, as the term used.  Spring forward.  Somehow, it feels more like an encouragement from God than a reference to the time change.  Spring forward into a new adventure.  Spring forward into a new season. Spring forward into the wonderful things that I have planned for you.  Spring forward into troubled times, knowing I will be there with you.  Spring forward, my child, and I will catch you.  

The LORD will work out his plans for my life—
for your faithful love, O LORD, endures forever.
Psalm 138:8

This year, I'm excited to spring forward and see what He has next for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment