Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mother’s Day Pain

I see you.

Those of you who long to be mothers, are mothers, or were mothers with empty wombs and empty arms.

I see you.

Those of you who thought you would one day marry and have children, but are still single.
Those of you who thought you’d be pregnant by now,  but the tests keep coming up negative.
Those of you who have been pregnant for weeks or months, but never made it full term.
Those of you who bonded with the child in your womb, but when labor was over your baby had no breath.
Those of you who held a living child for hours, days, weeks, months or even years but have since buried your precious baby.
Those of you who made the amazing sacrifice of giving your baby to someone else to raise.
Those of you who chose or were forced to terminate and live with the deepest regret.

I see you all.
I’m thinking of you on this day that is joyful for many but acutely painful for you. I see you, but more importantly, He sees you.

The God of creation who loves you with an everlasting love has arms open waiting to hold you.  He knows the loss of a child. He knows grief. He knows pain. He is with you. I’m praying for you today. I’m praying that you will feel His comfort even as you shed your tears. Take your hurt to Him. He can and will hold it for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment